Another week, more featured articles and links.
We’re on a roll recently, we cleaned up the front page of the site – let us know if you like the changes and our Twitter follower count is now up to six! (0 to 6 in a week is an infinite percentage increase.)
- It may not be a carnival, but the comments section certainly felt like one! Thanks to Burbed for featuring our article on Bay Area Home Prices, “Bay Area Home Prices – And Why It’s Probably Not a Bubble“!
- Thanks to Bret over at Hope To Prosper… not only was he our first Twitter Follower, he also featured our article “Home Price Affordability Calculator” (boring name, great post) as an Editor’s Pick in the Carnival of Personal Finance. Read his site, it’s great!
- “A Practical Way to Estimate and Budget For Home Maintenance Costs” – Pretty slick methods. I was paying full attention when I saw this sentence: “especially if you live in an area where the land value is the majority of your house value”. Bay Area reference? Burbed? Anyone?
- “The Thing About Blogging that Most of Us Forget” – Either have a love of writing or love the spotlight! At DQYDJ we love to hear ourselves… type.
- “Should Americans With No Kids be Able to Opt Out of School Taxes?” – I commented over there, so you’ll have to click the link to see my thoughts!
- “I Hope the New GM Contract Doesn’t Create A Bunch of Clark Griswolds” – Sound financial advice? Current events? Obscure (well, now) movie references? Check, check, check!
- “6 Reasons Why You Should Panic and 1 Reason Why You Should Keep Investing” – I concentrated on the one! Usually you can find a reason not to buy, even if all you can think of is “everyone else is buying” (irrational exuberance?). I like to buy during times of fear – but I might have a longer time frame in mind than you. How do you invest?