We haven’t done one of these summaries for a few weeks, but we submitted an article to the Carnival of Money Hacks last week. Also, the Men’s NCAA Basketball Tournament is going on and the Health Care vote is schedules for today… so let’s share some links!
- “6 Reasons You Won’t Go To Finance Hell if You’re Getting a Tax Refund this Year” – Darwin goes against the grain and says you won’t go to Financial Hell if you get a tax refund. Any tax refund you receive was an interest free loan to the IRS. However, the prevailing interest rates are so low that it didn’t hurt you too much. And that’s just one of the reasons Darwin gives!
- “A Way Out of Soviet-Style Health-Care” – an oldie but goodie from the late Nobel Prize winning Nobel Economist Milton Friedman. Read it…
- “Life Style Inflation: Why Your Savings Is Not Growing as Fast as Your Income” – an awesomely clear article from the Personal Finance Ninja on why many people don’t increase their savings when their salary increases. The charts are awesome…
- “The Job Market Begins Turning Around For Teens and Young Adults” – Finally some good news on the teen job front!
- “Tax Fairness Reaches a Tipping Point” – More and more tax returns are returned with no money owed. How did we get to this point?