On this page we present an automatically updating (daily) silver return calculator. Enter any two dates since January 2nd of 1968, and we will compute the annualized and total returns on money invested in silver between those two dates. We also automatically adjust the quoted returns for inflation, optionally, if you choose the “Adjust For Inflation (CPI)” option.
The prices quoted are London fixing levels, quoted as price per Troy Ounce.
If you enjoy this calculator, please try some of our other calculators:
- Real Estate Return Calculator
- S&P 500 Dividend Reinvestment Calculator
- Inflation Adjusted Gold Return Calculator
- Inflation Adjusted Bitcoin Return Calculator
And, yes, this calculator should be accurate to every market day. It fetches data every evening at midnight server time, which should be Pacific Standard Time. Of course, if you need this information for trading purposes please keep the freshness in mind and verify all numbers.
An Inflation Adjusted Silver Return Calculator
Sources and Credits on the Silver Return Calculator
- Inflation is based on the CPI-U from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. We use interpolation and extrapolation to present daily inflation indices; please see our original article, the Daily Inflation Calculator, for the full details on the methodology.
- The silver price quotes are credit the London Bullion Market Association, and the API is provided through Quandl.
Silver as an Investment
Silver has had a reasonable run as an investment since the start of our data set – beating out inflation by around 25% at the time of the publication of this piece. We can heartily recommend silver in jewelry – supported by our wife. We, however, give no advice to the suitability of silver in a portfolio – please consult a financial advisor to discuss if silver is an appropriate option – for the record, we didn’t have any when we built this calculator.