Hey, did you know that you can hear our boring voice and dry humor in audio format? That’s right – we contribute a weekly segment to the Two Guys and Your Money Podcast.
I’ve heard I sound like Ben Stein. No word yet on whether I’ll be in a sequel of Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, but my best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who’s going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night that I was on the short list.
Okay that’s enough of that. More Weekender!
Links We Liked!
- At 6400 Personal Finance, Dave shares the secret to getting into shape. We’ll have more to say on this topic in the future. (Are the writers of this site in shape? I’d vote yes.)
- Podcast boss Average Joe writes a great piece (complete with onomatopoeia in the title) about things to do to save yourself money in the fourth quarter. That’s now, if you haven’t been paying attention…
- Greg at Control Your Cash succinctly describes why a society that forces everyone to use public transportation isn’t some utopian ideal. Guess what, folks? Opportunity costs (time is the most important resource).
- The best things to buy this fall? For me? Vanities and appliances! Len Penzo has the real list, however, click through to read his suggestions for a fall shopping list.
- Nelson at Financial Uproar loves talking about tipping, and covers tipping inflation in a way no one else can.
- Mochi and Macarons seems to have taken Cameron’s article on not having a smartphone to heart – but one-ups him by dumping a cellphone altogether. May we suggest a burner? MagicJack?
- The Financial Samurai has a great post at Untemplater on the English Rugby players banned from an all-you-can-eat joint. I asked a friend about getting kicked out of all-you-can-eat restaurants in America – “not during a meal”, he said. “That’s breach of contract.” Of course, most restaurants can ban you at any time from returning. Keep that in mind when you try to emulate Homer!
Links to Us
- Carnival of Wealth
- Carnival of Personal Finance
- Timeless Finance
- Financial Uproar
- Money Mamba
- 6400 Personal Finance