Ahh, the first Weekender in a while, and the first one of the new year – maybe we should call it the ‘monthly’ or something? Regardless, happy new year to those who see fit to subscribe to DQYDJ!
Also, of course, happy new year to the new people at the gym and the new site on the internet – may your undertakings be fruitful, and don’t hesitate to contact more ‘seasoned’ sites… perhaps even this one… for any help you may need.
And of coure, a reminder to check us out on the Stacking Benjamins podcast… here’s our most recent.
Links We Liked!
- How can you like anything more than Nelson’s stock picking contest at this time of year? Go to Financial Uproar now.
- Staying in Canada for a second, Robb at Boomer and Echo has quit the stock club and joined TeamIndexFunds. As you know, we’re less than 50% active (meaning that PK is a majority passive investor!) – but in this environment I think that means we are card carrying members of both clubs. Judges?
- At Political Calculations – Bill Gates drinking from the sewer! (Cue, “Water? You mean like from the toilet?” jokes!)
- An interesting post from the Financial Samurai, who argues that it’s hard to stay early retired. (Financially independent, however? Here’s your time to shine!)
- Free By 50, as we did, read the WSJ $140,000 welder article with interest. His takeaway? The welder basically worked two jobs. (Our takeaway? Similar, but you’ll have to wait!).
- At Budgets are Sexy, some massive cable savings (50% monthly?) and a test of a few antennas. Our hint: the attic beats the living room, but isn’t as ugly as the roof… if you’ve got one. Sitting on high double digits here in Silicon Valley. (Yeah, we cut the cord some time back, and have Netflix and Amazon Prime and dabble in the sports streamers. We’ll be watching the new ESPN/Disney streaming option with interest.)