How much Hallmark Channel are you all watching? Sure, I’m mostly working on random stuff around the house, but I’ve caught a lot of it. I can pretty much predict the plot from the first five minutes – but that’s probably the point, right?
Links We Liked!
- Because Darwin’s children are human (and won’t get too excited about 1% annual returns), he’s established an ingenious bank of mom and dad to pay them 5% a month for their deposits. No word yet on how he’ll introduce them to taxes!
- Well Kept Wallet hosted a great guest piece from FI Fighter about convincing young people to invest in the stock market. At work, not even large discounts can convince some new employees to invest – so this is a must read.
- Dom at Your Finances Simplified fields some questions from a reader about saving up to buy a house. His advice? If it’s soon enough that you’re considering it seriously, you should be in safer assets – read the full details!
- B.B. lives in North Dakota – a strange land with smart lending policies (well, and an energy boom) which avoided the real estate bubble. Still, he’s seen broader signs of green shoots in housing – and wonders if you see them too.
- JT @ Money Mamba sets his target on Stock Promoters – what’s the deal with these folks?
- Joe at Timeless Finances shows you what your idle cycles can actually achieve – near $100/hour in credit card rewards. Joe, care to share the effect on your taxes?
Links to Us
- Carnival of Wealth
- Yakezie Carnival
- Wise Bread
- Timeless Finance
- Money Mamba
- Well Kept Wallet
- Money Smart Guides
- 101 Centavos
- FI Fighter