We haven’t done a Weekender for a while and we skipped April Fools’ Day, so Cameron suggested we post this:
And happy Easter to all of our Christian readers!
Links We Liked!
- Is it the inequality or is the the immobility? Let Tyler Cowen convince you over at the New York Times.
- At a Wealth of Common Sense, Warren Buffett’s performance by decade at BRK. I wonder, though, if his biggest problem is outperforming bull markets.. or is it the curse of successfully attracting more and more money?
- Unlike that infamous commercial where people walked around with exact numbers floating over their head related to their net worth and their final “retirement number”, our friend MM @ SSS doesn’t mind whatever her final net worth number “ends up” being.
- Was Milton Friedman the last great macro economist?!? (In turns of quotability, he and Keynes appear about equally on this here site.)
- At Funny About Money, an exercise in sand removal from a high efficiency washer. This is probably the best way to do it, in my limited thinking – short of maybe hiring a couple people to flip it upside down when it’s drained of water? No idea. We live in interesting times.
- Political Calculations digs up a patent on an invention which would help people breathe clean air during a fire. Pretty clever – if you can get past the whole “toilet vent stack” thing… which you could in an emergency, I promise. (And you didn’t break code and use a part of the vent stack as a drain for a sink or something in use).
- Of course I would link the Financial Uproar Q1 stock picking contest results, since my favorite writer is on top. Historically, I do well for 3/4 quarters. Of course, my methods of picking are more of a long term thing – see here.