Do I really need to come up with editions when I do these roundups?
Okay, fine – how about the Kafkaesque Press Conference edition. If you don’t like Kafka, sure, Orwell fits too!
Remember those halcyon days of… a few months ago when our President spoke these words at the The Ohio State University Commencement?
Still, you’ll hear voices that incessantly warn of government as nothing more than some separate, sinister entity that’s the root of all our problems, even as they do their best to gum up the works; or that tyranny always lurks just around the corner. You should reject these voices.
Haha, hilarious. Onto the articles!
Links We Liked!
- At Wealth Informatics, a discussion about working for free. Articles like that are great – I always get to drop my Aunt’s quote (go see!)
- I hesitate to link to single papers which go against a body of work, but it might be interesting to see this paper inspire a few more studies on cell phones while driving. (Namely, it’s safer than we think)
- How many net new jobs did teenagers see from June to July? Did you guess zero? Political Calculations runs the math!
- Control Your Cash lets the cat out of the bag on the Madden Sunday Ticket trick. We were considering cutting the cord and buying Madden, as our satellite seems like an expensive way to watch NFL as it is… Guess I better decide quickly, now, eh?
- If you somehow missed my great articles over the last few weeks, read the Pew Research report which concluded more young adults are moving home.
- Jason Hull, with an assist from a certain Irish R&B Singer, talks about how life doesn’t often lead to trophies. I hear you, my friend – I’m still waiting for recognition for this here blog!
- Hat tip to Marginal Revolution – it’s not just the human race which is doing its best to take up more space – animals, too, are getting larger (including, strangely, lab rats?). Chemicals in the food? Less gravity? You tell me!
- And last but certainly not lest, another great blogger disappears (Goes Galt?) – our friend JT at Money Mamba. Unlike many of the other sites that have gone dark, he at least gives us a two week notice!
Links to Us!
- Carnival of Wealth
- Carnival of Financial Independence
- Carnival of Personal Finance
- Free By 50
- My Financial Independence Journey
- I Heart Budgets
- The College Investor