Welcome to the Christmas/Holidays/Winter Solstice version of the DQYDJ weekender! The three writers on the web site are Catholic (we’re from Boston, remember?) so this is being sent out on Christmas Eve for us. Happy Holidays to you and your families, and enjoy this wrap up.
We’ll be back next week with more controversial stuff, but for now we leave you with the cream of the crop for the week!
Carnivals and Featured Links
DQYDJ found itself featured in four carnivals this week… click through and check out the other articles!
- The Totally Money Blog Carnival over at Invest it Wisely.
- The Carnival of Personal Finance at Financial Success for Young Adults
- The Carnival of Wealth at Control Your Cash.
We also found ourselves the lucky target of a number of other links! I demand you click through and check out how we were featured…
- Len Penzo and Paul at The Frugal Toad noticed we were trying to get a reaction with our article on the 1 percent. Caught red handed! Len also reminded us that even high income earners can spend themselves silly! Paul gives us an article on the year end management of your finances.
- In a first, 101 Centavos linked back to our Weekender to comment on our article on teachers… nice! We’ll try to keep our Weekender interesting! Remember that many of the ideas there were shower inspiration!
- A. Blinkin of Funancials (with a name on par with Bob Loblaw) liked our article on Insurance and the Lottery. A.Be suggests buying a Kindle Fire… we concur.
- JT at Money Mamba enjoyed our article on being a college graduate in the present. He also enjoyed our treatise on the CPI! JT reminds the PF blogosphere to figure out what your time is worth – or at least how you value it!
What struck us as the best reading of the week? Glad you asked! Here’s a selection of some of the best that I haven’t yet listed!
- Nelson at Financial Uproar laments the lack of net worth in the PF blogosphere! He also revealed that freelancing is hard recently. Consider this before you start a blog, not after…
- Our grammar-pal Andrea at So Over Debt wonders what defines a person. Heavy stuff!
- Darwin regrets ever renting to college students.
- You know DQYDJ is not the biggest fan of frugality. From Wise Bread comes this great post on whether people are frugal or cheap.
- Studenomics hosted a former American Express employee for a guest post!
The Dickensian Aspect
Social commentary or just a kick start to Christmas? Discuss!