More on That More Personal Personal Finance Thing…
I suckered JT at Money Mamba into finally taking the plunge. Well done. I hope you write more on The Land Before Time in the future.
Sites And Links This Week:
Links We Liked!
- Fellow blogger Corey at Passive Income to Retire can’t stop creating (and partnering on!) blogs… check out his strategy.
- At Political Calculations, an article on Pigovian Taxes, and their failure to reduce tobacco consumption in Hawaii. (We’ve written about Pigovian taxes on gasoline consumption). Also, a calculator to determine if celebrity couples will make it!
- I always enjoy the board game posts, so check out this post at Faith and Finance on Monopoly.
- At I Am 1%, an article on hedge funds and the Warren Buffett bet that a hedge fund couldn’t beat the S&P 500 for 10 years consecutively.
- Darwin at Darwin’s Finance and I both posted articles on the EPI as a measure of inflation on the same day. Great minds, thinking alike!
- At Smart Family Finance, an article on why hidden costs of home ownership don’t mean you shouldn’t buy. Here’s a hidden cost: time, especially time spent on all the projects that are necessary, or demanded by my Interior Designer wife (one and the same, I suppose…).
- Squirrelers takes monetizing to the logical conclusion, and asks ow to monetize everything! Somehow he left out monetizing your organs, although I think I’d prefer to keep mine internal.
Blogging friend Average Joe at The Free Financial Advisor asked us to participate in his podcast in future weeks. Are we in (we meaning PK, and any Cameron Daniels I can scare up, considering he has actual radio experience)? Of course!
As a Personal Finance Site, I suppose we need to break down our costs so far:
- Prodipe TT1 (Dynamic Microphone) ~$28
- Alesis MultiMix 4 (USB Mixer) ~ $62
- 10′ XLR Mic Cable, 6″ Pop Filter, Boom Mic Stand ~ $40
- (Possibly) Reaper Recording Software, $60.
… plus tax in your state. You could do it cheaper; use a built in microphone or a USB mic, and record with something like Audacity (I would, but it doesn’t include ASIO support by default, and I don’t want to mess around too much with software not in my day job, heh). Look (listen?) for us soon…
4th / 18 in my group… but with a definite path to victory. I’m roughly in the 85th percentile on ESPN, mostly due to that horrible 2nd round performance. Here’s what I’m working with (click to zoom):
And yes, I know I owe some Home Improvement posts. I’m getting there!