The stock market’s down, and you didn’t win the Powerball. Too bad, them’s the break, eh?
Well, at least we’ll always have football.
Links We Liked!
- Have you ever felt too cheap? Anne at Money Propeller discusses the other side of the problem.
- Political Calculations has another nice post on companies making dividend cut announcements.
- A nice summary of Mark Cuban’s advice on becoming rich, from J$ at Budgets are Sexy.
- Are we better off than we were in the 1980s? (He asked, rhetorically, from his battery operated supercomputer connected wirelessly to a global network of machines). It’s an open question which, for some reason, has a default case of “barely” – AEI tackles some alternate measures.
- Sherry at Save. Spend. Splurge. has a warning about order of operations: it’s silly to donate to charity when you’re in debt. (Related: colleges ask alumni for donations, not current students… funny that, huh?)
- In one of Sherry’s other articles, a very interesting post on the economics of prostitution (yes, expect some adult content there) was linked.
- At Boomer and Echo, a question: if you’re controlling your own investments, how are you doing? (But… maybe don’t check yet if you’re prone to making rash decisions though… and you remain blissfully unaware of the current market!)
- Another interesting question from one of our Canadian friends (Nelson at Financial Uproar): What if you never pay off your mortgage?
- Okay, this one’s over a week old but… why are young, under 25 year old folks, declaring themselves retired? Thanks for the answer – signed, a non-retired 30-something.
- Color me impressed: 2.5D raycasted FPS game engine in 600 lines of code. Someone port it to an Arduino! (You can even strafe!)