Posts We Liked!
Check out the following interesting articles for the week, screened by your enlightened hosts:
- "Alternative Income Streams" - an article summarizing some of the common alternative income streams and what it means to develop them. A nice checklist to compare against your own experiences.
- "Why Wal-Mart Supports an Employer Mandate" - an article about the weird news that Wal-Mart supports new laws (in committee) mandating a certain health coverage for all workers at companies.
- "On Causality and Correlation in Economics" - seeing as how DQYDJ features a lot of articles from an Economics point of view, this article is a home run. Since correlation doesn't prove causality, how do you find what causes what?
- "Most Individual Investors Are Poor Investment Portfolio Managers" - from the perspective of diversification (and risk based returns) comes this article on the failure of individual investors to properly understand opportunity costs. A great read, and well researched.
- "Your Income, Year by Year" - an article from the always interesting Political Calculations based upon 1997-2007 Census filings on average income by age vs. 18 - 24 year old incomes. Includes the required calculator for you to estimate your future earnings based on this model (lets call it... Personal Net Present Value).
- "Comparing Forms of Entitlement Programs" was hosted in the 217th edition of the Carnival of Personal Finance at Almost Frugal.