Below is a month between dates calculator. Enter a start date and an end date and the month calculator will return the number of months and days separating the two.
Months Between Dates Calculator
Using the Month Calculator
To compute the distance in months and days between two dates, simply fill out the two input fields:
- First date: Enter the date to start the calculation
- Second date: Enter the end date for the calculation
Follow that up by hitting 'Calculate Months Difference'. Next, you'll get:
- Months Between: The number of months and days between the two dates you enter
What if the first date comes after the second?
The tool works no matter the order of dates you enter. Enter them as you wish!
Why does a year difference (or multiple) show less than a multiple of twelve months?
The calculator does not count the final day in the time-frame. That is, it counts the day of the first date but not the ending date.
To get around this, bump the date by one in the end. For example, June 1, 2000 to June 1, 2001 is less than twelve months. However, June 1, 2000 to June 2, 2001 is 12 months.
How do you use the month calculator?
Time, Date, and Birthday Calculators
Months calculator tapped out? Want a different timeframe? You're only seeing one of many of our tools...
See one of our other date, hour, week, or birthday calculators:
- Age difference calculator
- Age on any date calculator
- Hours difference calculator
- Week difference calculator
- Year difference calculator
- Days between dates calculator
- Days since a date calculator
We also have other investment, personal finance, and economics tools. Check them out!