Posts We Liked!
Read these. We did. We liked them enough to provide the links for you here.
- “Will Buffet’s Value Principals Survive Buffet?” – Warren Buffet’s advancing age means one day soon his investing principals will have to carry on without him. Will the value investing movement survive without it’s de facto leader?
- “Oil Gas Price Correlation: How to Estimate the Impact of Oil Prices on Your Wallet” – Darwin shares his plot of oil prices vs. gas prices, and best fit linear and polynomial equations for calculating gas prices from oil prices. Key takeaway: stress test your wallet!
- “Insurance You Can Do Without” – A series of articles on insurances you can avoid, and why. The article linked is to Accidental Death Insurance. Interesting and funny.
- “What We Expect of Insurance” – An article contrasting car and health insurance; their differences and similarities. Also of note, the article “I Got the Bill“, showing the author’s experience with the lack of transparency in the health market. It’s a good point, and worth noting again… for a market based system to work, there has to be pricing transparency in health care.
- “Green ETF List” – Here is a very useful list of green (as in clean technology) ETFs. Think it’s green’s time to shine? Click through…
- “Comparing Forms of Entitlement Programs, Part II” was hosted in the August 16th Edition of the OneMint carnival over at OneMint.
- “Infecting Others With The Personal Finance Bug – Stock Market Investing” was hosted in The Carnival of Money Stories, at Almost Frugal!
- “The Next Bubble: Your Taxes” was hosted in the Chuck Norris Edition of the Carnival of Personal Finance, at Budgets are Sexy. Check it out!
- DQYDJ is now part of the Alltop network! Check it out, we can be found in the Personal Finance category.