I love all you readers, but I just need to share:
Say it with me: MVP Tom Brady.
— PK (@dataPK) January 1, 2017
Also, congrats to my Alma Mater USC on the Rose Bowl win!
Let’s look at some links!
Links We Liked!
- Nelson at Financial Uproar summarizes his 2016 stock picking contest (we got wrecked.) Our new entry for 2017 comes tomorrow!
- Some nice summary posts at VIX and More:
- The Frugal Vagabond discusses his The Earth Awaits side project and shares some visitor and income numbers on how that site performs.
- Looks like the Government is about to reverse their advice on dietary cholesterol. Add that to the saturated fat reversal and the sodium tempering and… how much diet advice from 10 years ago is still good? (Me? I eat Paleo-ish, and avoid carbs.)
- Early warnings of the perils of a connected future or just funny? You be the judge – a newscaster in San Diego ordered a lot of dollhouses by saying “Alexa, order me a dollhouse.” on air.
- Political Calculations looks back at dividends in the year 2016.
- Our friend Steve at Steveonomics discusses his investment philosophy.
- Free By 50 looks at used vs. new vehicle sales.