I was one of the people who had Michigan State winning it all (apparently, so did almost a quarter of all ESPN brackets!).
Is it safe to say we witnessed the greatest upset of all time yesterday? Whatever, I’ll still watch!
(Also, the USC game was embarrassing – I texted my roommate with the claim we could have come off the couch and closed that one out. How many chances to close do you need?)
Links We Liked!
- Good news! The New York Post claims that the stress you’re feeling is helping you perform better. (Hmm, that makes me feel better – I need to increase my stress levels now)
- J$ at Budgets are Sexy had an interesting post on Michael Naab, who shared how he took home $20,000 from Amazon’s Mechanical Turk platform.
- New Scientist shares an interesting story about reprogramming cell electrical activity to stop cancer in frogs.
- Flint isn’t the only city which has a problem with lead – almost 2000 other municipalities were found to have lead in their systems.
- The Financial Samurai argues against buying the first year of a car model’s redesign – we agree, and have followed that rule!
- Political Calculations shares a detailed history of SeaTac’s (near Seattle) experience quickly raising their minimum wage to $15/hour, and the effects on jobs of people living in town.
- In PLOS One, a study about how hard it is to stop a false rumor once it’s circulating on Twitter.
- We’ll almost have to follow this one up, but the New Yorker asks if passive investing is actually hurting our economy.