Happy Father’s Day everyone!
Links We Liked
- Priceonomics had a nice post estimating how much people are pulling in from the so-called ‘gig economy’.
- Amazon is acquiring Whole Foods for $13.7 Billion. Insert your own joke here: (“Who among us has not spent $13.7 Billion at Whole Foods?”)
- With Amazon acquiring Whole Foods and Walmart acquiring Bonobos (yes, different industries, but in net), the New York Times sees an intensifying competition brewing!
- J. Money is pretty happy he’s a renter right now, as he’s had “some” moisture issues due to some on the fritz appliances.
- Our friend Steve at Steveonomics argues that changing your mindset is one of the most important things you can do to be successful.
- Interesting post about how Airbnb is encouraging hosts to become more and more like hoteliers.
- Political Calculations looks at teen employment and minimum wage increases (and anticipation) in California.
- From Scientific American, a defense of eyewitness memory.
- And your zen article, Redditors designing the worst possible volume sliders.