Happy Fourth of July Weekend! (That goes to our non-American Readers too, all 20.79% of you).
What have you got planned? BBQs, families, blowing things up? Watching others blow things up, possibly in the air? Doing something on the water? Let's hear it!
Links We Liked!
- At Priceonomics, a study of the proportion of revenues earned by fines versus demographics - municipalities with higher Black and Hispanic populations get a higher proportion of revenue from fines.
- A funny social experiment at Budgets Are Sexy: how far would someone go for a buck?
- At Calculated Risk, Bill McBride posted what the most common ages will be in the United States in various years.
- Backchannel had a piece on exclusive ISP contracts with apartment building owners.
- Political Calculations notes that the trend of rising median home prices has changed to be closer to 'pre-bubble' times.
- Paula at Afford Anything discusses the gap between spending and saving - and tries to square the earning more vs. spending less circle!
- Sherry at Save. Spend. Splurge. also discusses the Canadian Millennial story we highlighted in our last Weekender.
- At the New York Times, a piece on Advantage Gamblers beating the house at casinos (see our piece on some times lotteries have been beat). A follow up piece? Perhaps...