Actually got a carnival for you - surprising, since I'm such a slacker in the summer.
- "Ed-uflation" was hosted in the 262nd edition of the Carnival of Personal Finance at Pop Economics. It's no lie - the art there is pretty sweet. Go check it out!
Because these articles are great. I'll continue to trickle new material out, but go visit these sites!
- '"Priceline Users Be Careful" - Len gets thrown in Priceline negotiating jail for... negotiating!
- "Extra Income vs. Saving Money- Have You Considered Everything?" - Darwin makes the point that a straight 'overtime vs. do-your-own-project' calculation isn't always as stacked as it seems. It's become a pastime for people to make a simple 'dollars x hours' calculation when making the argument for one over another, but you need to factor in lots of other things - including FICA/Taxes, commute and a few other examples. Basically, make sure you're comparing apples to apples, and read the article...
- "U.S. Per Capita Oil Consumption Plummets" - The headline speaks for itself. However, did you have any idea that oil usage dropped, per capita over the last few months?
- "How Would Your Life Change if Your Income Doubled?" - Like the author, I wonder how much my life would change. More money no problems? Of course, I don't mind finding out, because you can never really know until you walk a mile in twice-as-rich-as-your shoes...
- "Unpaid Internships? File Under 'Hypocricy'" - Or, file under "unintended consequences of the minimum wage". And from an Economics department, no less!