We were in Santa Cruz this weekend – sorry about the later than normal Weekender!
At least it’s still the weekend though. Here, enjoy what we enjoyed:
Links We Liked
- Jeremy from Go Curry Cracker was near Santa Cruz this weekend, but we unfortunately weren’t able to meet up with him – next time! We enjoyed his most recent post on maximizing ACA benefits while executing his retirement income strategy.
- At the Washington Post, we learned the average student takes a ridiculous 112 mandated standardized tests between kindergarten and 12th grade.
- Free By 50 asks “Is Your Refrigerator Running?” (Also, “How much does it cost if it’s running while the door is open?”)
- The Financial Samurai has an interesting story on his engineer friend and mobile home living (manufactured homes) in the Bay Area. Add that to the other interesting story on (let’s call it) non-traditional housing this week in the Bay Area, on the engineer living in a van in San Francisco.
- Is it possible to work out your brain and get smarter, much like you can work out your arms (in the squat rack) and get bigger biceps? Definitely maybe.
- Worried about the neighbor’s kids new camera equipped drone finding its way to your window? Hackaday covers a ‘rifle’ which claims to disable drones!
- Bill Simmons, ex-head of ESPN’s Grantland web property, left some time back but the site is still around – “what’s the deal with that?“, asks Vanity Fair.