We were in Santa Cruz this weekend – sorry about the later than normal Weekender!
At least it’s still the weekend though. Here, enjoy what we enjoyed:
Links We Liked
- Jeremy from Go Curry Cracker was near Santa Cruz this weekend, but we unfortunately weren’t able to meet up with him – next time! We enjoyed his most recent post on maximizing ACA benefits while executing his retirement income strategy.
- At the Washington Post, we learned the average student takes a ridiculous 112 mandated standardized tests between kindergarten and 12th grade.
- Free By 50 asks “Is Your Refrigerator Running?” (Also, “How much does it cost if it’s running while the door is open?”)
- Is it possible to work out your brain and get smarter, much like you can work out your arms (in the squat rack) and get bigger biceps? Definitely maybe.
- Worried about the neighbor’s kids new camera equipped drone finding its way to your window? Hackaday covers a ‘rifle’ which claims to disable drones!
- Bill Simmons, ex-head of ESPN’s Grantland web property, left some time back but the site is still around – “what’s the deal with that?“, asks Vanity Fair.