(USC comes up to the Bay Area today to play Cal – so, for today, let’s go LA!)
Links We Liked!
- On Reddit, a bartender accidentally saved over $100,000… and accidentally neglected to pay taxes on it.
- J. Money had an interesting post on becoming a brand ambassador.
- At Vox, some results casting shade on the Universal Preschool idea – the only studies that have shown an improvement in student outcomes so far have been studying elite preschools.
- At Financial Uproar, Nelson argues that your residence is an unproductive asset and home equity isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. (On the other hand, for me, it’s more expensive to rent here than my sum total of maintenance, insurance, taxes, and mortgage – so it’s not all bad!)
- McKinsey asks if share buybacks are lowering future growth – what say you?
- Free By 50 asks if the pace of minimum wage increases relates to tip rate increases at restaurants.
- After talking about online reviews this week, some timely reporting on Yelp’s new initiative to roll in health grades for some restaurants.
- At Planting Our Pennies, some awesome home improvement work in the kitchen – that corner drawer idea might be stolen in the PK household at some point.