Let's go Patriots! Hard to admit, but the age of Brady will eventually come to a close. They have mattered every year from 2001 until now - an incredible run in an era of increased football parity. Remember: in 2000-2002, the RAIDERS were good.
Links We Liked!
- Nelson at Financial Uproar has a public service announcement: most food expiration dates are a joke. (Most of our food? Frozen. Well, we do have milk...)
- Len Penzo shares some math on the benchmark $100,000 salary... and some history on a certain ex-Illinois politician (you'll have to click!).
- Michael Rawson, writing at Morningstar, has another piece on the flaws with the CAPE (the 10 year P/E we've discussed recently). Good to get some contrarian opinions!
- From the "25% annual returns must continue!" department (again, I live in the Bay Area), Burbed is back with a piece on online home valuations!
- Wade Pfau knows investors concentrate too much on American worst cases in the stock market... when we should really be looking at other advanced economies. His numbers on maximum market losses. Be glad you didn't live in mid-century Austria!
- Our friend Paula Pant is also in a stock picking contest this year... and her methods are awesome. See if blindly throwing darts does well in 2014!
- Jason Hull has the math on coming early and staying late. A must read.
- 2013 stock gains... driven in part by earnings sources shifting due to taxes? Political Calculations has the dirt.
- Control Your Cash is sick of blog posts being written about $75,000 being the 'maximum happiness salary' because... calculus. Seriously (and if you were thinking of turning down that raise, don't). Go read.
Links to Us!