Leftover turkey barely fully eaten and we’ve already got our Christmas tree up! Makes me feel like an overachiever. (Even though my wife gets the tree-raising credit)
But since I’ve been underachieving on these Weekenders, let me reach back a few weeks…
Links We Liked!
- A timely piece from Paula Pant at Afford Anything: no, renting isn’t just throwing money away. A truly epic post that you should read to the end.
- Also in the real estate category, MM @ Save. Spend. Splurge. reminds folks who don’t have the income to make it in high expense cities that there are other places to live.
- Nelson at Financial Uproar has some very interesting thoughts on the present and future of financial blogging and writing, and it’s well worth your read if you’re interested in that sort of thing.
- Is there a retirement crisis… or a retirement expectations crisis? Ben Carlson at A Wealth of Common Sense tackles the latter theory.
- At Blessed by the Potato, our favorite nightshade discusses the opportunity costs of higher education, especially for the PhD.
- One of our favorite recurring series at Political Calculations is the “companies with dividend cuts” tracker. Go see how Q4-2015 is shaping up.