Halfway through February already? I guess this is what they meant when they said time travels faster as you get older.
Complain, complain. Here’s a weekender!
Links We Liked!
- Think the increased number of articles we’ve seen on the protesting spirit and safe spaces on campus is just a meme? Turns out there’s some research backing up that it’s real.
- Sherry at Save. Spend. Splurge. comes down hard on making sure you’ve got a sizable down-payment saved up before buying a a house. She also shared some experiences with being a female in STEM.
- Matt Breunig at Demos has wealth percentiles by race .
- Len Penzo shares a useful checklist to see if you’re dating a deadbeat.
- Jeremy at Go Curry Cracker has a review of Robo-advisors in general and Betterment in particular.
- Free By 50 shares some interesting news – they could retire in their current town with a little shifting of resources and downsizing. Congrats on hitting the number – we’ll be watching for the rest of the story!
- Stuck in a North America frame of mind? Financial Uproar takes us out of America’s Hat and America (or Canada’s basement and Canada) and discusses other places to retire.
- Liked our article on the Jock Tax? Here’s one from 2014 before Peyton Manning played in the Super Bowl, and here’s a bit of history on why you can ‘blame’ Michael Jordan (but really – blame California/Los Angeles. Seriously, read it.)
- Feels rough out there in the markets, right? Cash is starting to become more popular than stock holdings…
- J$ has an interesting question for you – would you go to jail for a year for $1,000,000? How about a minimum security prison?