Welcome to another rousing Weekender – our recurring special where we send you off our site to other interesting pieces around the web that you may not have seen. (Come back… promise?)
Links We Liked!
- First, we want to share our friend Robert’s (of The College Investor fame) list of top investing blogs. We’re humbled by the inclusion and would estimate, for any new readers, that about 30-70% of our stuff is investing related (depending on mood!). A good place to start is on our homepage – click ‘Getting Started’ – or above in our “Research & Interactive Content” section.
- At Five Thirty Eight a hilarious and excellent article about how the ratings in Madden NFL video games come about – by having a writer try out! It makes us want to take a shot – (5’10”, sitting at about 177 pounds and currently trying to gain). Cornerback, you think?
- Financial Uproar has a hilarious rant on the Dow Jones Industrial Average, and its soon to be largest member – and no, it isn’t Apple or Exxon-Mobil.
- The Washington Post has some interesting information on the segregation of cities – not by race, but by perhaps a more insidious (if less known) effect – wealth.
- Thanks to our friend Anne at Unique Gifter, we’re thinking of calculators slicing inflation into different categories than the catch all it is usually presented as – here’s an article along those lines from the Wall Street Journal. (send more our way if you see any!)