For those following my continuing buying-another-Les-Paul-saga (what, is this an annual tradition?), it happened again. I sniped a cheap Ebony Les Paul from Musician’s Friend (a wholly owned subsidy of Guitar Center) on eBay, only to have it cancelled the next morning as “out of stock”. Hopefully their customer care can come though – you guys are killing me.
And on the 20th Anniversary of Kurt Cobain’s death, no less!
Links We Liked!
- Speaking of music, Len Penzo used to be in a band. More recently, he wrote a nice post about ‘items’ (read: junk) you can part with to make a few bucks, quickly. eBay scares me though, recently – look at my luck.
- I loved the research Sam the Financial Samurai put into the marriage penalty – because, believe it or not, the government punishes married couples once they hit a certain income (especially with kids!). Full disclosure: I’m married, so I have a dog in this fight.
- At Political Calculations, the Higher Eduction Bubble, visualized!
- Nelson at Financial Uproar has a nice piece on Negative Enterprise Value stocks (and NAMBLA, and the superiority of Canada compared to the US).
- Our friend Jordan, now at the Motley Fool, writes about Stock Buybacks… and Dividends. Go argue.
- J$ at Budgets are Sexy (who was the straw that broke Disqus’s back here at DQYDJ!) got a sizeable tax return – and has no regrets! (We’ll be writing about our own this next week – bring the boos, weird PF people)
You may hate April Fools jokes. We don’t – so deal with these two:
- Justin at Root of Good shares how cat food accelerated his path to early-retired-millionaireship.
- In what I suppose is a solid example of situational irony, Mr. Money Mustache recommends his favorite SUVs to his readers. Why not get all of them?
Links to Us!
We told you last week – we’re back to WordPress comments. Find your trackbacks on the individual articles! (Oh… no carnivals, by the way.)