Is there anything more annoying than fixing a fence? Well, anything to keep it going another 5 years is worth it, I suppose. (With material I already have. I guess it's just a 'free labor from me' sort of deal.)
You know, and keep the dog penned in.
You folks know I have a podcast segment, right? Here's my latest! Go subscribe to Stacking Benjamins, there is a lot of good finance talk on the show.
Links We Liked!
- Evan at My Journey to Millions asks - what is the average retirement savings amount... really?
- At A Wealth of Commons Sense - are stock returns since the 80s an outlier - or can we expect something similar going forward? You'll have to read (and think) to find out...
- At Budgets are Sexy, a list of 20 (and more!) triggers you can use to improve your life and finances. Interesting stuff.
- Political Calculations celebrates a good bad Q1 GDP call - and notes that there are still a few revisions to contend with.
- Are you irrational about money? Len Penzo has a quiz. I have a problem with the first question though - if everyone makes the higher salary, you can expect inflation to evaporate your lower salary. I'm just saying...
- You've heard of "no spend days" (I think Cameron wrote an anti-no-spend-day piece once?), but have you heard of "don't buy any new food" weeks? Anne at Money Propeller tried it, and enjoyed her frozen vegetables.
- Morgan Housel wonders if all the easy money has been made.
- The New York Times (magazine...) asks if bitcoin can return Argentina's currency to something resembling normalcy.