Happy Labor Day, friends! Since a Monday article will go unread, I hope you enjoy this week's links - you know, because they have to stand until Tuesday.
Links We Liked
- Do you remember Buckyballs? Those little metallic balls that were probably on your desk a few years back? The Consumer Product Safety Commission remembers... and is on a quest to not only destroy the company (success was achieved!) but to pin liability on the founder. Why? Apparently the magnets could be swallowed by people the product wasn't meant for... Should Lego file an amicus curiae brief?
- At Len Penzo, another entry into the awesome series that is the 'Living on $40,000' series. Read about Jeff from Washington.
- Control Your Cash had a nice piece on the hierarchy of housing - culminating in landlording. Must read!
- Catherine at Plunged in Debt presents some first hand evidence on why you shouldn't take unsolicited financial advice from someone who stands to profit from it immediately.
- Financial Uproar inspired an uproarious discussion about the merits of Payday Loans. JT's comments there reflect ours (don't believe me? Search my site) - it's better the disadvantaged have access to Payday loans than loan sharks and other illegal loan operations. Bad > dangerous, folks.
- And the biggest troll (maybe?) article of the week - are people evil for sending their kids to private school? I guess my parents were evil! Yes, I'll be writing more on this.