It was my daughter's first birthday yesterday! Bonus: Follow me on Twitter to see what she looked like when she was 25% younger.
Also, we'd like to extend a hearty congratulations to Stacking Benjamins, the podcast which we belong to... and especially podcast host Joe Saul-Sehy. We won a Plutus Award for best Personal Finance podcast. I've done 44 segments for the current show, so if you enjoy DQYDJ (and you're only human...), you can get plenty of more PK on the show.
Links We Liked!
- At new to me A Wealth of Common Sense, a nice piece on individual stocks which dropped heavily... and never made a comeback to their prior prices.
- Every year on January 1st (maybe 2nd: hangovers), financial writers declare their money goals for the new year. Every year on a random date, our friend Nelson at Financial Uproar points out that waiting for a ridiculous date is worthless. Fix your mess today!
- At Seeking Alpha, a divergence gets the spotlight from author Minutemen: even with the recent weakness in the market, large caps have been outperforming all others recently.
- MM from SaveSpendSplurge shared her reasons for not asking her partner to pay for living expenses while she was pregnant or on leave.
- She also featured in an excellent interview over at Money Propeller (well worth a subscription too; they're doing great things).
- Speaking of babies, our friend Evan at My Journey to Millions welcomed his second into the world. Congrats!
- Kevin Roose at NYMag had an interesting piece on the hiring habits (and contracting habits) of Silicon Valley corporations - does your favorite firm rely on a 1099 or a W-2?
- Len Penzo refreshed us on the bartering genius Kyle MacDonald - who turned a paper clip (with time and a keen sense of value) into... a house.