I spent some time today fixing a number of the calculators consuming Quandl data. Please let me know if these break again:
- Palladium Price Calculator
- Platinum Price Calculator
- Silver Price Calculator
- Any House Return Calculator
- Can You Afford it Calculator?
- Bitcoin Return Calculator
- Dividend Reinvestment Calculator, Any Stock
The Graham Number calculator and Stock Fundamentals calculator are still broken (they use Yahoo! YQL data) and I don’t have an ETA on them yet. They will still work if you fill in the data manually… it’s just the auto-population which won’t work.
Anyway, let’s get to the links!
Links We Liked!
- NASA on President Obama’s statement to send humans to Mars(!).
- Sorry we missed this one! A while back we discussed gamification of online reviews, and Amazon has formally come out now and banned incentivized reviews other than through their Vine program.
- An article in the WSJ arguing that the tech boom hasn’t translated – at least in terms of absolute numbers of jobs created – to lots of new work. Your thoughts? Professor Boudreaux of Cafe Hayek fame’s response is here.
- At Go Curry Cracker… are some annual fee credit cards worth it? Say it isn’t so!
- New York Times Style believes the Brutalist Architectural Style is back…
- Who will watch the watchers? Perhaps the watchers themselves – the Kansas City Fed had an interesting article [PDF] data mining the Federal Reserve Federal Open Market Committee’s language looking at sentiment in word choice and tone.