On this page we present an automatically updating (daily) palladium return calculator. Enter any two dates since April 2nd of 1990, and we will compute the annualized and total returns on money invested in palladium between those two dates. We also will automatically adjust the quoted returns for inflation, optionally, if you choose the “Adjust For Inflation (CPI)” option.
The prices are PM (2:00 PM local time) London Platinum & Palladium Market clearing prices quoted in dollars per ounce.
If you enjoy this calculator, please try some of our other calculators:
- Real Estate Return Calculator
- S&P 500 Dividend Reinvestment Calculator
- Dow Jones Investment Average Reinvestment Calculator
- Inflation Adjusted Gold Return Calculator
- Inflation Adjusted Bitcoin Return Calculator
- Inflation Adjusted Silver Return Calculator
- Inflation Adjusted Platinum Return Calculator
An Inflation Adjusted Palladium Return Calculator
Sources and Credits on the Palladium Return Calculator
- Inflation is based on the CPI-U from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. We use interpolation and extrapolation to present daily inflation indices; please see our original article, the Daily Inflation Calculator, for the full details on the methodology.
- The palladium price quotes are credit the London Platinum & Palladium Market, and the API is provided through Quandl.
Palladium as an Investment
Palladium is a precious metal of more recent vintage, and has recently become a popular option as the material used in some engagement rings. According to Wikipedia, it’s status as a precious metal came about right around World War II as a substitute for white gold. It is still used today on its own merits, or in an alloy with gold.
Palladium in engagement rings aside, we give no advice to the suitability of palladium in a investment portfolio – please consult an advisor to discuss if palladium is an appropriate option for your investment portfolio.
As always, hope you enjoy the calculator – bookmark it and check back often! (Well, not more than once a day – we set it to update around midnight Eastern time.)