I’m not that removed from school – I can still remember it, anyway – but when I first heard about ‘safe spaces’ I thought first of the 2014 Taylor Swift song, Blank Space.
I blame Nelson of Financial Uproar for the link in my head.
Links We Liked!
- Microsoft Excel is thirty years old. Read a bit about the early days!
- Our friend Jason Hull writing at My Financial Answers poses an interesting question: Are you overvaluing free?
- We may write long posts about working with survey data, but one of the major problems in the field is the declining rate of participation in household surveys. Read a post in the Journal of Economic Perspectives.
- Could you eat mints shaped like dog… droppings? At a Wealth of Common Sense, how perceptions can alter how you view reality in your portfolio.
- There have been a few interesting posts on non-traditional living arrangements in the San Francisco Bay Area lately – here’s one from Greg Kroleski who at one point lived with 3 other members of his young family in a studio in San Francisco.
- Shots fired from Jim Tankersley in the Washington Post: are Boomers what is wrong with the economy? What say you?
- An interesting post on some personal experiences with the paradox of choice by Marie at Boomer & Echo.
- $50 to restore vision in two eyes blinded by cataracts? The fascinating story of Dr. Sanduk Ruit.