Disappointing last weekend for me – no Patriots last second miracle in the Super Bowl incoming. Brady looked flat – I’m wondering if someone snuck some nightshades into his hotel food. Call it my eggplant conspiracy theory.
Links We Liked!
- Piece of the week: Political Calculations calculated the price of Campbell’s Soup cans back to 1897 to make a soup inflation index. You need to read it…
- How long can increased hiring and production hold off the recessionary force of capital spending? Your calls?
- Steve at Steveonomics (who doesn’t write enough) looks forward to his thirtieth birthday – what he’s learned in his twenties.
- A CNN/ORC poll revealed a full 56% of Americans think their children will be worse off than themselves. I just don’t see the case for it – yes, some college debt amounts are staggering, but the amount of progress on the technological front is crazy (he wrote, wirelessly, on a supercomputer laptop).
- J$ writes up a nice profile on the man with 1,497 credit cards. And you thought you had a lot…!
- Sherry at Spend. Save. Splurge. asks – are Minimalists really just cheap? Go read her take.
- A nice piece on investing and life from Morgan Housel.
- Here’s something interesting – you’ll probably soon be able to invest in future lawsuit payouts. So, yeah, there’s that – thoughts?