Congratulations to our friend MM at Save. Spend. Splurge who just welcomed a 6 pound son to the world. Here's to another fiscally smart member of the next generation!
Links We Liked!
- We often complain on this site about financial journalists who ignore the effects of dividends. Nelson at Financial Uproar tells us about their bizarro twins - dividend growth investors who only care about the dividends. Go read.
- At Len Penzo, a nice list of things your millionaire neighbor isn't telling you. Especially good - picking up side jobs so you don't have time to spend money(!).
- Free By 50 presents some of his "heartless" landlord moves from both sides. Interesting stuff!
- Political Calculations has some epic math on maximum capacity versus realized capacity... and everything else, really... when it comes to wind power.
- Pauline at Reach Financial Independence continues her subtle campaign to convince us all to go to Guatemala. Keep the pictures coming!
- Tax diversification and the under-optimization of where you hold your investments is an under-explored topic. Nice primer at Daily Capital this week!
- Jason Hull at Hull Financial Planning has an interesting piece on the Peltzman Effect and your retirement. Think moral hazard for stocks (somethign we've discussed in the past). So, Mr. Hull - are you a fan of hiding the true effects of new safety improvements from consumers - say, traction control? (It's a tough moral question!)
Links to Us!