On this page we present a daily silver return calculator. Enter any two dates since January 2, 1968, and we’ll compute annualized and total returns on silver between those dates. We also optionally adjust the quoted returns for inflation (CPI).
An Inflation Adjusted Silver Return Calculator
Sources and Credits on the Silver Return Calculator
- Inflation is based on the CPI-U from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. We use interpolation and extrapolation to present daily inflation indices; please see our original article, the Daily Inflation Calculator, for the full details on the methodology.
- The silver price quotes are London fixing levels, credit the London Bullion Market Association, and the API is provided through Quandl. Prices are quotes as price per Troy Ounce.
This calculator fetches data every evening at midnight Pacific. If you need this information for trading purposes please keep the freshness in mind and verify all numbers manually.
Silver as an Investment
We can heartily recommend silver in jewelry – as supported by by our wife. That in mind, however, we give no advice to the suitability of silver in a portfolio – please consult a financial advisor to discuss if silver is an appropriate option.
If you enjoy this calculator, please try some of our other calculators:
- Real Estate Return Calculator
- S&P 500 Dividend Reinvestment Calculator
- Inflation Adjusted Gold Return Calculator
- Inflation Adjusted Bitcoin Return Calculator