That’s our way of announcing I updated our main datasets on the Dow Jones, S&P 500, and 10-Year constan maturity treasuries. There are about 15 calculators auto-updating off those (haha), but here are the main three:
- Dow Jones: https://dqydj.com/dow-jones-return-calculator/
- 10-Y Treasuries: https://dqydj.com/treasury-return-calculator/
- S&P 500: https://dqydj.com/sp-500-return-calculator/
Links We Liked!
- Paul at Asset-Based Life reminds us all to sleep – and yes, from a parent of 2 kids under 4 sleep is a luxury, haha. I do wish there was a sleep debt counter somewhere…
- A growing anti-vaccination movement in Minnesota appears to have set off a bit of a measles outbreak.
- At Political Calculations, tracking trends in new home sales.
- Nice story – and luck – from our good friend Nelson who made 93% on a stock in a couple days (annualize that!). But what’s luck, other than the intersection of preparation and opportunity?
- The situation in Venezuela has become pretty terrible – WSJ on the food shortage.
- The New York Times reports on work to create an ‘artificial nose’ (!) to sniff out, potentially, early markers of disease.
- At Oddball Stocks, a post on whether or not Graham stocks – that is, stocks that meet the Graham value criteria – are all ‘junk’. Spoil the message? No way, go read.
- The NYT also had an intresting feature on the club-winged manakin, a bird which’s beauty standards have made it harder for the birds to stay alive. “Too Sexy to Survive” (their phrasing) or a delicate balance between “looking good and managing risks”? You make the call…
- On Budgets are Sexy, an analysis of Amazon spending from Mrs. BITA from BayalisIsTheAnswer. Makes me a little scared – yet intrigued – about running my own analysis, haha.