We don’t talk a lot on weekends. We watch football.
Links We Liked
- Our friend Matt at Mom and Dad Money makes the case that if you’re young, you’re better off in the market than out of it (even in a fall). If you’re a parent of that aforementioned youth? Well, that’s a story for a different piece.
- The Financial Samurai wrote a piece about the battle between picking private or public tertiary education.
- I’m a bit late on this one, but here’s a guy who makes weapons with only things that can be found in airports. And, of course, the relevant xkcd.
- At Political Calculations, two great pieces on a demographic conundrum which traces back to World War II (!).
- Control Your Cash once again hijacks my thought processes and summarizes them better than I ever could with a piece on the superiority of online shopping.
- Ever hear the story about the entrepreneur who started his business on the back of maxed out credit cards? Yeah, it was news because it was a ridiculous risk. Jason Hull shares more.
- Why do humans value gold? (Asks some British something-or-other!)
Links to Us!