Man, that script I wrote with the subscriber count has been broken like all week (it likes to take the most recent day as 0, so it’ll drop subscribers) … blame Google! I’ll try to fix it soon…
Let’s hop right into it, shall we?
Carnivals and Sites Linking to Us!
As always, we appreciate the in-links, so we’ll get you with a pingback! Readers: please patronize the following… thanks!
- Carnival of Personal Finance
- Totally Money Carnival (where we received the title ‘neediest DQYDJ writer’. Awesome!)
- Novel Investor
- Thad Thoughts
- Financial Uproar
- The Frugal Toad
- Totally Money
- Married with Debt
Articles We Liked!
- Our pal Nelson at Financial Uproar wrote an article about the possible bubble blowing with blogs and wonders if the Yakezie Network is a Ponzi Scheme. Considering the amount of money that DQYDJ makes for… well, existing… I agree that this can’t be sustainable. Milk it while you can (and in our humble collective opinions… Don’t Quit Your Day Jobs.) On the Yakezie point? Pay me $1,000 and I’ll educate you on whether it’s a Ponzi or not!
- Remember the Durbin Amendment? So does Flexo at Consumerism Commentary. Even in a low inflation environment, one basket of goods is up much more than inflation even after the debit card swipe fees were reworked!
- The Frugal Toad won our Led Zeppelin quiz last week (and deserves a link), but here’s an article I would have linked anyway on hidden home costs. I’m still happy I purchased this fixer, haha.
- Control Your Cash thrusts your left-number bias into your face and forces you to read this great article on the Dow. How about Dow in ounces of gold? That’s an interesting graph! (I just had an article idea…).
- We can’t get enough 101 Centavos here at DQYDJ, so go read this article on walking! The best advice: walk and smoke a cigar, which seems to us sort of like it would cancel out!
- Len Penzo’s Aunt Doris is awesome. I love reading her stuff. Read this gem about the two fingered (and the one fingered) salute.
- Sydney at Untemplater proves you don’t need to be famous to be a rock star!
- Our pal Harri at Totally Money hates the word ‘innit’, loves the word ‘snog’ and dropped a political post on us!
Ranting… or Am I?
I’ll leave you with a quote, feel free to love/hate/discuss it!
“There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him.” -Robert Anson Heinlein