On this page is a trigonometric functions calculator, which calculates the result for a given input angle for the 6 trigonometric functions – sine, cosine, tangent, cotangent, secant, and cosecant.
Trigonometry Functions Calculator
Using the Trigonometric Functions Calculator
To use the tool to find the results of the trigonometric functions for a given angle, enter the angle, choose how its measured (degrees or radians) and compute.
- Angle: Enter the angle which you'd like to compute the functions using
- Degrees or Radians: Choose which units you use to measure the angle
Where results are undefined, you'll see "NaN".
What are the trigonometric functions?
The trigonometric functions, which are defined in terms of the unit circle – or, for angles under 90 degrees (square), alternatively defined using a right triangle.
In terms of the right triangle, the functions are defined as:
- sine: opposite/hypotenuse
- cosine: adjacent/hypotenuse
- tangent: opposite/adjacent
- cotangent: adjacent/opposite
- secant: hypotenuse/adjacent
- cosecant: hypotenuse/opposite
If you know the result of one of the trigonometric functions already, you can reverse it into an angle using the inverse trigonometry functions calculator.
We've built tools for computing both the trigonometric functions and their inverses. Find them here: